Mantra Group is a leading Australian accommodation operator with the second largest network of hotels, resorts and serviced apartment properties in Australia. Mantra Group has a total portfolio of 125+ properties and over 20,000+ rooms across Australia, New Zealand and in Indonesia.
Properties in Mantra Group’s portfolio range from luxury retreats and coastal resorts to serviced apartments in CBD and key leisure destinations, under its three key brands: Peppers Mantra and BreakFree. In addition to providing accommodation, Mantra Group’s core services including management of guest relations and reception areas, restaurants and bars, conference and function centres, pool and entertainment facilities and offices.
Mantra Group has a team of approximately 5500+ team members who carry out its core functions including operations, sales marketing and distribution, portfolio and asset management, information technology and corporate activities.
Mantra and Mediasphere
In 2015, the Mantra Group engaged Mediasphere to transition from the existing outdated Learning Management System to Mediasphere’s self-managed platform. After a full market scan we selected the Mediasphere Learning Management System based on the following:
- Fully featured, responsive and SCORM compliant LMS
- The ability to add unlimited events and courses
- The ability to use the platform’s advanced course editor to create html5 courses
- The ability to assign emails and alerts to reflect our business rules
- Hierarchical group structure which mirrors our payroll group structure (to deliver synergy from payroll groups to training groups which updates based on staff movements in payroll)
- Existing web services and APIs to integrate with our payment system
- Supporting services including data transition of staff records from old LMS to new platform, course development, custom programming team and data integration team
- Enterprise hosting, security, disaster recovery and responsive support with guaranteed response times
The Mediasphere LMS matched 95% of our business requirements out-of-the-box and we were very pleased with the engagement model to build custom features that we needed that are unique to our business. Their project management and support team are very responsive and they take the lead on our requests and deliver a platform that simply works, is intuitive and despite the complexity of two payroll systems across multiple countries we have not had any data integration issues.
The Mantra ‘MyLearning’ platform is fully integrated with our HRIS system which includes our Preceda payroll software. The integrated solution delivers the ability for our payroll system to auto-create and auto-populate locational, hierarchical and departmental training groups and dynamically update on a nightly basis in accordance with staff changes within our system. The training groups enable us to delegate how events, news, documents and courses are shared with staff and management.
We use face to face events and online learning to provide our staff with a blended learning program that enables them to work and progress within their career. Being able to manage induction, compliance and staff development for all our hotels on one platform has been achieved through the alliance with Mediasphere.
We have developed a strong relationship with the Mediasphere team since 2015. As a company that is expanding and pushing the boundaries in corporate training and development, it is exciting to know this innovation will be available to us to assist us in the management of our business. I look forward to continuing our work with Mediasphere in the future.